Current research interests
- The application of the internet and modern information technology in psychological research, in particular guided psychological treatment via the internet.
- Tinnitus and hearing disorders. Interest spans over biological mechanisms, epidemiology, treatment, experience, and psychological aspects.
- Cognitive behaviour therapy and psychotherapy research, including major depression, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, postttraumatic stress, GAD, OCD, and health psychology topics such as chronic pain. Different CBT orientations like acceptance and committment therapy (ACT), cognitive, and behavior therapy.
- Internet-delivered psychodynamic and interpersonal psychotherapy.
- Health psychology, including psychological aspects of hearing loss, dizziness and balance disturbances, hyperacusis, pain, headache, heart problems, insomnia, cancer, and occupational stress.
- Transdiagnostic treatments and problem-focused treatments for problems like loneliness, procrastination, perfectionism and low self-esteem. More recently studies on psychological problems in association with the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Cultural adapation of interventions.
- Cognitive aspects of health problems. This involves applying methods from cognitive psychology in the study of health problems.
- Psychology of religion and atheism.
For overview see https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4753-6745