Current research interests
- The application of the internet and modern information technology in psychological research, in particular guided psychological treatment via the internet.
- Tinnitus and hearing disorders. Interest spans over biological mechanisms, epidemiology, treatment, experience, and psychological aspects.
- Cognitive-behavioural treatment and psychotherapy research, including major depression, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, postttraumatic stress, GAD, OCD, and health psychology topics such as chronic pain.
- Health psychology, including psychological aspects of hearing loss, dizziness and balance disturbances, hyperacusis, burn injury, pain, headache, heart problems, insomnia, cancer, IBS and occupational stress.
- Cognitive aspects of health problems. This involves applying methods from cognitive psychology in the study of health problems.
- Psychology of religion and atheism.